Thursday, October 16, 2014

Apple Picking at Beak & Skiff Apple Orchard

One of my favorite things about fall in central NY is apple picking.


Our favorite orchard is Beak & Skiff in Lafayette.


They have a cafe, a gift shop, a wine/vodka/gin tasting room, a bakery ...


...and beautiful views.


The chicken salad is the best, with apples, grapes, walnut and cranberries!


They have a variety of wines to taste - my favorite was the light and crisp hard cider.


A tractor ride takes you into the orchards to pick your own apples.


We picked cortlands and empires.


It's always fun to crawl up inside the trees to pick the best!


Even Mom got into it...


and my husband, John:


It was a perfectly warm, breezy day...


…and we picked lots of apples:


The gift shop was loaded with apple cider...


...apple cider donuts….


...caramel apples...


…and cinnamon apples...


"An apple a day…."



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I'm getting hungry just looking at all that food.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great apple orchard...looks fantastic.
    We have an orchard here but it isn't nearly as nice as this. Wish I could send them your link to see all your great photos of that orchard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! Your apple bounty looks gorgeous. Will you make pie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun family outing! I love the crunch of a freshly picked apple. Right now I would give anything for one of those cider donuts to go with my coffee...
    Have a wonderful week, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! We went too, 43.00 a bag! It holds 20 lbs. Mighty expensive apples me thinks. We started in 1990 and it was 10.00 a bag. We don't have to climg to reach ours, in 10 mins the bag is filled!

    ReplyDelete