Sunday, August 18, 2013

Carrot, Zucchini and Apple Bread

I love quick breads!  I saw this recipe online (somewhere?) and decided to try it and alter it a bit.  It was so tasty that I will make this again!

Zucchini and carrots grated and an apple chopped up:





Beautiful color for fall:


Recipe:

Preheat oven to 350'
Grease 2 bread pans

Blend together:
1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 T vanilla (or 1 t banana extract)

In a separate bowl combine:
3 1/4 c flour, 1/2 t salt, 2 1/2 t baking powder, 3/4 t baking soda, 1 T cinnamon.

Grate 2 cups carrots and 1 cup zucchini and dice up one apple.

Alternately stir together dry mixture and grated/diced mix into the butter mixture.  

Divide evenly between two pans and bake for 1 hour

MMMmmmm good!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks so good. I've made zucchini bread but never thought of adding apple and carrot. Great idea and more veggies/fruits are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make Empire State Muffins, and its very similar. I'll be making this bread! Looks lovely in your McKenzie-Childs loaf pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Looks healthy and especially pretty baked in the McK-C loaf pan. I have the pie plates, but not the loaf pan. I think I need the loaf pan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti,
    Thanks for the recipe, it sounds delicious!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...