Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another Snowy Day, Perfect Pot Roast, and we do have chairs!

The table is set by the window so we can watch the snow fall from inside our warm, cozy home:


We are having salad and pot roast.  I found a great recipe somewhere online that is so easy and delicious (see below).


The centerpiece is a snowman cookie jar that I have had for many, many years:


Many readers have asked why my dining room table has no chairs - I do have chairs, and we do sit down to eat!!  I just don't keep the chairs around the table and this has to do with the way the room is designed, open to the foyer and the living room.  I just like it this way.


I often use my large Mackenzie-Childs canister as a wine chiller:


And if you look closely, you will see one of the dining chairs hiding in the corner!



Pot Roast
1 packet of dry gravy mix
1 packet of dry Italian dressing
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
I put the dry mixes and water in a crock pot, add the roast and cook on medium all day.  I add the vegetables about 3 hours before dinner will be served.

And for dessert?  Homemade cookies from the cookie jar centerpiece!




Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

18 comments:

  1. Patti, the pot roast sounds delicious. I wish I still had my crock pot. ;-)
    Of course your table makes me smile. Your little snowman is adorable. I like the green accents with the CC. Sharing a little CC love in my winter tablescape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this recipe for pot roast, this weather calls for hearty comfort food. Cute tablescape. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea....get your dessert from the centerpiece! I love your snowman cookie jar. He's so cute! I love pot roast on a cold winter's day. Great post!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling table! The table itself is a gem, and the way you've set it for the delicious-sounding pot roast is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table and love the edging, Pattie. Thanks for the pot roast recipe. Sounds so delicious and yet so simple....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the repurposed MC canister as a wine bucket. I often use the MC wine buckets, a pair of them, as large jardinieres for the buffet in the dining room. Courtly Check has such great pieces. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pot roast sounds delicious. It would warm me right up! I even have a new crock pot. Your snowman is adorable, and you know how much I like that tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patti, what a perfect table and pot roast! I'd love to be a guest at your wintry meal. Your centerpiece is so cute and filled with dessert makes it extra special!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute table and sounds like a delish meal to go with it. I just got a crock pot for Christmas and am looking for recipes - will try yours!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love the way you did your napkins! The snowman looks adorable with your black and white checks,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table is beautiful and makes me want to get up and fix a roast for dinner myself. I have a recipe similar to yours but I use ginger ale instead of water. Changes the flavor of the gravy and makes the meat tender.

    Cherry B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was so intrigued with the table topper, I had to go back and revisit the table! Love that cookie jar.. and the recipes sound wonderful. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patty,
    I'm glad you stopped by my blog and said hello so I could pay you a visit! Your table setting is lovely and dinner sounds delicious. I'm your newest follower and look forward to more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute table Patti. I really love your MacKenzie-Child pieces. Adorable snowman with your checks...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're the second person I've seen post that recipe.....I think you have my mouth watering! Love your pretty snow table....perfect for your snowguest....hope he brought the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patti, I love all your MC pieces...I have those same plates and in several colors, too. The rims are so pretty when stacked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patti, That pot roast sounds delicious and I would love to taste it at your pretty table. I love M-C checks. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your table setting and the recipe for pot roast sounded really good....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete