Thursday, July 5, 2012

How to Dry Herbs from the Garden

Growing herbs can be easy and fun, but what do you do with them?

I like to dry them and give little jars of them away as gifts.

So weekly I pick them, wash them and pat them dry. I then place them on a paper plate and microwave them for a minute.
I toss them about and microwave them for another minute until they are "crispy-dry".
Then they are placed into little jars I have collected all winter and they are ready to store:
This one is Italian seasoning !

Sharing with
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to give them away as gifts. I love fresh herbs and use them whenever I can!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save those Trader Joe's bottles too!

    ReplyDelete