Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trial and Error

I bought a cheap "oak-look" laminate table at a garage sale (for only $5.00) and painted the top with chalk paint - this was an experiment for me to see how well ASCP adhered to laminate:
And I made a mess splattering the paint, but the paint peeled off easily with my fingernail!
I "dry brushed" a stencil of a harlequin design on top with a mix of tan glaze and gold paint
I didn't have the wax to protect the finish, so I put 2 coats of varnish on the top:
So, ASCP adheres to laminate, but I like how it looks on real wood much better!

Sharing with:
Turning the Daunting into the Do-Able @ Project Queen
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tutorial Tuesdays @ Hope Studios
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I think it looks great. I wouldn't even know it wasn't real wood.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Patti! I've used the chalk paint on a variety of surfaces and so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Patti.
    I haven't tried the AS paint yet....hope to soon, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute table, Patti! I really like how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti, I dropped you a note on my blog regarding the harlequin design that I did and wanted to drop you one here. Your table turned out great!

    The great thing about Annie Sloan's paint is that it really does stick to everything. I've even painted glass with it.

    Best,
    ~Mimi B~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Patti! Is anything you can't do? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patti! Oh, this is just the cutest table.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete