Saturday, August 27, 2011

Thinking of the holidays...

I have a list of things I want to try to make before December rolls around and life gets too hectic. I have seen some things in magazines, on blogs or in stores - and I also have "pinned" some clever ideas, too. Today I made a canvas cone to hold little treats- something I saw recently in a gift shop in Skaneateles, NY.

I started with a piece of canvas cut into a shape that would fold into a cone:
I painted both sides green with acrylic paint:
Then I painted a poinsettia and added a few polka dots:
I hot glued the canvas into a cone and added trim and a handle:
The trim has cute little buttons dangling:
And this is how it looked - ready to be filled with candy or a little present:
I think I will make a few in traditional Christmas colors to put on our neighbor's doors during the holidays!

Sharing this idea with :
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Patti, this is the cutest thing, ever. I just love it...you, my dear one, are very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti,
    That is just about the cutest thing I've seen in a while! Where did you get the trim with buttons? Did you make it or buy it? I can just see all the possibilities. I'm so glad you came by my blog and invited me to yours or I wouldn't have seen this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing. My 4 year old is in a preschool program and you just gave me the best idea to hold a teacher present in. I'm stopping by from BNOTP. so clever!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :) Btw, I'm not sure if I invited you yet but I'll be honored if you can link up your giveaways at my Market Your Biz and Giveaways every Tuesday at 5 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I should get on track for the holidays too...I am always a last minute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I am impressed you are working holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good with the paint brush! That cone is adorable and your neighbors will be very lucky to get those hanging on their doors!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete