Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Herbal Vinegar

Over the weekend I picked some fresh herbs and made some flavored vinegars:
This is one of the easiest projects I make for quick little hostess gifts:
These are different mixtures of dill, chives, oregano and/or garlic:
All they need now are some cute bows and tags and they are ready to go!

Sharing with Tales From Bloggeritaville
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. These are so neat! I'll have to make some for my foodie friends! I'm assuming you just put the herbs in a jar of vinegar. I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this with some of my son's friends when they were in about grade 4. They were so excited to take them home to their moms. We did chive blossoms and they were very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on my herbal vinegars. I have a few bottles done. I just love them and they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty bottles you found to display your vinegars in!! Have you ever made pineapple vinegar? You take all the peels and core from a pineapple and make a great vinegar for salads and marinades and such! Geez that makes me think I should do a post on it!! I'll have to go buy me a pineapple!!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete