Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Attempt at a Cherry Almond Bundt Cake…..

What goes better together than cherry and almond flavor!


I recently bought a bundt pan, so this recipe I found on Pinterest caught me eye:


Looks beautiful in the photo, doesn't it?

I made the batter:


I followed the directions perfectly - I taught culinary skills for years, so when I try a new recipe, I follow it to a "t".  I greased my new pan very well, too!  After cooling the cake for 20 min, and struggling to get the cake out of the pan, this is what I ended up with:


She's a beauty, isn't she:


So, I carefully lifted each broken piece and placed it on the top, where it should have been:


Then I made the glaze (that recipe was also a lousy one) and "glued" the cake together:


It's a good thing that this cake was just for us and not for any company!!


You are probably wondering how it tastes? 



 Well, the reason I am not sharing the recipe is because it is dry, and no one should go through all this craziness for a dry piece of cake!!

AND, see this lovely pan:


This is the second time I used it and had the "sticking" problem each time…so off to Goodwill it goes and hopefully someone else will have better luck than I!



I have tried quite a few recipes found on Pinterest and I am not sure if it is ME or not, but some are real lousy, or lacking flavor, or missing ingredients.

 I feel like someone is playing a trick on me!

So if anyone has a great recipe for Cherry Almond Cake - please send it my way!


Sharing with 


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. You are far braver than I am... A baker I am not and I only bake cookies at Christmas time!! LOL!!

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up and I'll be looking for a new bundt pan for you :-) I have some wonderful bundt cake recipes but no cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry almond cake sounds so delicious! Sorry your cake didn't turn out. What a disappointment after all the work. I have mixed results with my bundt pans. Michael Lee shows her bee hive cake on her post today. It's fabulous! I have the same pan but never have attempted to make it out of fear. '-)
    She says lots of Crisco is the answer. You might give the pan another chance. It sure is a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's nice to see others who have the same problems as me sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up on the pan until you generously grease and flour the pan. Also try cooling the cake for only 10 minutes before taking from the pan. There is also Pam with flour in it. I have used it with success but only on muffin tins so not sure how it works on a large cake pan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your fail...I fail a lot!! Just not brave enough to post! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Don't forget to come back next week and share some more!! I love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I made a cake one time and it sunk right in the middle, looked awful and it was for company. We ate it and all laughed. Yours looks just fine and I'm sure it was tood. That is a beautiful bunt pan. Probably all of those little frilly parts made it stick. Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh! That's too bad, Patti. I hate when you see something that looks so good and promising on Pinterest and it turns out horribly. That's a pretty bundt pan, too. Doubly horrible is that it could at least have tasted good. Then no one would have cared how it looked!

    ReplyDelete