The other day we had a "snow day" from school. I pulled out a bunch of fabric that I have been dying to play with. The first thing I made was a pillow for my sister-in-law, She loves everything pink (not me!!)
I patched together 4 squares of coordinating fabric, created a ruffle and decided it needed a little embellishment....
So I made a flower from leftover ruffle.
I cut out 2 leaves and stitched them together...
And here's the finished pillow:
On a separate note, I apparently have a gmail email account that I set up for this blog. I have NEVER opened it up to read any emails. Before I tell you why, let me tell you that I have numerous emails. Here is how I manage them:
1. school email (only for work)
2. friend email (I check this daily)
3. a "junk mail email" (department stores, online orders, newletters) I clean it out bi-weekly
4. an "I dont' want to read anything you are about to send me" email I clean it out monthly
5. Gmail - that I just read for the first time!!
Which brings me to this - to the many, many bloggers who have sent emails to me: Sorry...It was fun to read them all this past weekend and I promise to be more diligent in reading this email and responding. I always leave comments in the comment section of the blogs and it never occured to me to email my blogger friends....so LIVE AND LEARN!! It is now noted: Check gmail!