Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Pink Patchwork Pillow

The other day we had a "snow day" from school. I pulled out a bunch of fabric that I have been dying to play with. The first thing I made was a pillow for my sister-in-law, She loves everything pink (not me!!)
I patched together 4 squares of coordinating fabric, created a ruffle and decided it needed a little embellishment....
So I made a flower from leftover ruffle.
I cut out 2 leaves and stitched them together...
And here's the finished pillow:


On a separate note, I apparently have a gmail email account that I set up for this blog. I have NEVER opened it up to read any emails. Before I tell you why, let me tell you that I have numerous emails. Here is how I manage them:
1. school email (only for work)
2. friend email (I check this daily)
3. a "junk mail email" (department stores, online orders, newletters) I clean it out bi-weekly
4. an "I dont' want to read anything you are about to send me" email I clean it out monthly
5. Gmail - that I just read for the first time!!

Which brings me to this - to the many, many bloggers who have sent emails to me: Sorry...It was fun to read them all this past weekend and I promise to be more diligent in reading this email and responding. I always leave comments in the comment section of the blogs and it never occured to me to email my blogger friends....so LIVE AND LEARN!! It is now noted: Check gmail!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Patti!!! That is adorable - - - it is just about the most adorable pillow I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti,
    I'm not a pink person either, but that pillow could change my mind. It's adorable!
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow is beautiful! I love how the flower embellishment you made balances out the flower in the fabric in other corner. Gorgeous!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pillow came out great! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pillow! I just bought more yarn today (bad girl I am) so I am going to be busy knitting shawls all spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pillow! It's so dainty!
    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my cane back chair redo. Your kind words are appreciated!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...