Saturday, January 2, 2010

An Update on Candy Canes...

Earlier today I wrote a post asking what I could do with leftover candy canes...... I just found 33 ways to use candy canes at typetive.com:

Use them whole:
1. Stir your hot cocoa
2. Stir your hot tea
3. Stir your coffee (works for lattes & cappuccinos, too)
4. Stir your cocktail
5. Stir your milkshake
6. Snap off the hooked end and dip the straight piece in the chocolate of your choice for homemade “reception sticks
7. Candy Kebabs (spear marshmallows and roll them in sprinkles or other crushed candies)
8. Valentine’s Heart (I’ll try to kitchen test this over the weekend)
9. Edible Fondue Sticks (best for marshmallows)

Crush them lightly:
10. Ice Cream Sprinkles
11. Cake Sprinkles
12. Cupcake Sprinkle
13. Frosted Cookie Sprinkles
14. On top of Whipped Cream in your Hot Cocoa
15. Roll marshmallows in them and eat them whole, toast them in the microwave or drop them in hot cocoa

Make Candy Cane Sugar:
16. Sweeten your Hot Tea
17. Sweeten your Iced Tea
18. Sweeten your Hot Cocoa
19. Sweeten your Coffee or Mocha
20. Use to rim your Cocktails (or this one)

Use them in recipes:
21. White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge
22. Peppermint Four Layer Cake
23. Chocolate Mint Layer Cake
24. Peppermint Ice Cream
26. Make your own Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches
27. Chocolate Candy Cane Sandwich Cookies
28. Candy Cane Chocolate Chunk Cookies
29. Candy Cane Brownies (these are vegan!)
30. Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheels

31. Peppermint Meringues
32. Add to Rice Krispies Treats
33. Candy Cane Cheesecake

But I am thinking of making these fabulous shoes instead:



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of ideas, and way more helpful than I was!

    I'm lovin' those shoes. Doubt that I could wear them for more than five minutes, but still - - - I'm lovin' 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny, Patti! I knew I could count on you. And I'm not a Smartie Pants...okay, maybe I am! :)
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...who would have thought there were so many ways to use candy canes??
    I'm loving the shoes...whip those babies up and let's see a picture of you modeling them :-)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok,
    Make two pairs of shoes while you are at it!
    Although I'd break my neck walking in something that high! Great ideas!
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using them to stir hot chocolate but those shoes? Chocolate means nothing to me now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an AWESOME post!! I just brought in a dozen to work today (and they were snapped up from our kitchen in about 30 seconds. :-) I have another dozen at the shorehouse so I think this list will come in handy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete