I cut back a few herbs from my little garden (remember, I don't have a green thumb) and decided to freeze half and dry the rest. I picked basil, parsley, chives and thyme:
After washing and drying them, I divided into 2 piles:
This half I cut up and destemmed and then froze in a zip bag. I will use this for soups and sauces, and will probably add to it as I pick more:
This half I dried, removed stems, crumbled it a bit and stored it in a little jar:
Do you grow herbs? Do you dry or freeze?
Thanks for stopping by, Patti






I've always dried my herbs. Home grown are so much better than what you can buy in the store.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of basil that I wash and dry and then add to a blender with olive oil and then freeze it. I like to add it to tomato sauce, and soup. I also love making pesto sauce with the basil leaves.
ReplyDelete