Gazpacho is easy to make, easpecially in the summer when all of the veggies and herbs are fresh
Gazpacho is a Spanish soup, served cold, because it was created in Andalusia which is a very hot region in Spain. It is a refreshing soup to cool you down during intense summer heat.
There are a variety of ways to make this but this is a simple recipe, omitting olive oil. I wanted to make 4 small "shooters" as an amuse bouche before dinner.
These are the veggies I had on hand: 2 tomatoes, 4 slices of an Eng cucumber, green pepper, red onion, a mini carrot and a 1/2 celery stalk.
I bended all the veggies in a mini food processor If it's too thick you can drizzle in a bit of olive oil.
Then I added herbs, spices and seasonings for flavor:
I strained it through a sieve:
(all the "meaty" mixture was set aside to add to homemade tomato sauce)
This made the perfect amount for 4 "shooters:
Just enough to wet the palate before dinner!
Thanks for stopping by, Patti
Graphics by Susan Branch
MacKenzie-Childs affilate link


I can almost smell all that goodness through my computer. It looks wonderful! Diana
ReplyDeleteI love gazpacho, and today is my veggie pick up day at the farm. I'll be making these tonight!
ReplyDelete