and this is my first time joining Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios
Sunday, April 11, 2010
This is my master bathroom window. We have a corner lot and as you can see, anyone on the road can certainly see in through the window:
So I put up an ugly shade....and it is plain and ugly....it does nothing for the window... but the sun shines brightly through the window and the neighbors don't need to see me jumping out of the shower each morning (trust me, they don't!):
So I bought some sheer fabric and cut 5 long panels:
I stitched them together and sewed shirring tape over each seam:
I stitched a rod pocket on the top and hemmed the bottom. I pulled all the strings of the shirring tape, to gather each panel:
And what a difference this quick and easy balloon treatment made in this bathroom:
I can keep the shade up during the day and no one can peek in. And now I will be able to open the window in the nice weather as well as pull the ugly shade down in the evening!
I am joining Make it for Monday at Cottage Instincts and Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
and this is my first time joining Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios
and this is my first time joining Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios
Patti @ Pandoras Box
I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking
you may also like
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome
Hi...I'm Patti! Welcome to Pandora's Box. I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking. I am the founder and host of the Tales of the Traveling Tote. Welcome!
I may earn compensation from advertising and affiliate marketing links. Thanks for your support.
Scan for my favorite links:
Search This Blog
The Tales of the Traveling Tote #48
Stay Connected!
[socialcounter]
[instagram][https://instagram.com/ppultorak]
[pinterest][http://pinterest.com/pattipultorak/]
[rss][http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/RRgLPM]
[facebook][https://www.facebook.com/patti.delaneypultorak]
[envelope][mailto:ppultorak@gmail.com]
Subscribe By Email
Sign up with your email address to receive the latest updates straight in your inbox.
Popular Posts
-
My favorite company, MacKenzie-Childs , sent me a new tote bag! And we also have one to giveaway to one of my lucky readers!! I a...
-
Have you tried Jake's Prime Seasoning Salt? This seasoning salt began with Jake's dad and uncle, a simple combination...
-
I don't know where the pre-season went ~ time certainly flies by quickly! I had lots of ideas I wanted to share, but they will hav...
-
Today I am joining Rita @ Panoply and 18___others for a Valentine Tablescape Hop:
-
Welcome to the Holiday Table Hop hosted by Rita at Panoply My table was set for an early Christmas Breakfast for two special boys:
-
Who is MacKenzie-Childs? I have often heard people refer to the company as "she"...."She" is so creative, ...
Pandora’s Day Trips
-
-
-
Love Your Creativity Link Party #37623 hours ago
-
The Friday Files3 days ago
-
-
-
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year1 week ago
-
Tales of the Traveling Tote #48, Giveaway1 week ago
-
Tales of the Traveling Tote #481 week ago
-
-
-
Baked Cheese3 weeks ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
For those who celebrate5 weeks ago
-
Summertime Sweets1 month ago
-
-
A New Chapter2 months ago
-
-
Natures Pom Pom- The Dandelion3 months ago
-
-
Wine Time11 months ago
-
-
Summer Tablescapes1 year ago
-
Favorite summer recipes2 years ago
-
-
OPEN and CLOSED DOORS3 years ago
-
My Blue Valentine3 years ago
-
-
Mad & Plaid5 years ago
-
I Found My Thrill..6 years ago
-
-
-
BEAUTIFUL DECEMBER6 years ago
-
Holiday Door Decor6 years ago
-
Coffee Table Vignette...7 years ago
-
A Merry Christmas Farewell7 years ago
-
-
-
Hi Friends! Long time, no see!8 years ago
-
-
A New Year8 years ago
-
Update on Life9 years ago
-
Follow Me On Pinterest
Pandora's Archive
Pandora's Peeps:
Labels
10 on the 10th
BeekmanBoys
Garden
M-C
NYC
National Day
Nifty Thrifty Tues
Ray
Winter
all about me
art
baby
cape cod
christmas
cocktails
covid-19
craft
decorating
drinks
fall
family
fashion
festivals
food
freebie
funny
gifts
girlfriends
giveaway
happy hour
holiday
house
inspiration
jewelry
mc
opinion
pirish
quarantine
recipe
recipes
recycle
recycling
school
shopping
st.patrick
susan branch
tablescapes
the traveling tote
thrifting
thrifty thurs
tutorial
vacation
valentine
vignette
vignette friday
weather
wine
without my hubby
I was featured...
Sunday Link Party

This is so pretty! You made it look so simple too but don't know...I have a tendency to sew crooked! That is why I only sew for the grands...it's free for my daughter's! Ha! Be blessed .cindy
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful~!! I just love that window treatment.
ReplyDeleteI love it !
ReplyDeleteVery awesome! You did a fabulous job!
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi Patti!
ReplyDeleteLovely--you sure can sew! So pretty!
love, kelee at www.katillacshack.com
Beautiful! I love it. Its fancy and so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat an elegant solution!
ReplyDeleteThat turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I could incorporate this idea in several spots. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletesooooo pretty! What a great job you did! ..and a wonderful tutorial, too. I hopped over from Cottage Instincts. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope you'll do the same. until later...
ReplyDeleteYou did a nice job! Thanks for the tutorial.
ReplyDeletevery pretty shade. I like the elegance of it.
ReplyDeleteGreat solution! You really have a pretty view from your home.
ReplyDeleteThis is really smart, Patti! You took a problem situation and came up with a solution that's both practical AND pretty. Great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty solution to an ugly problem :) This would be a great addition to my Tutorial Tuesday party tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteOH I love that! I have a very similar bathroom and I'm in need of something on the window. Love that. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteOMG You clever girl!! Just beautiful and so romantic. Way to go!
ReplyDelete*hugs*deb
that looks great! it is the perfect fix for the situation. :) thanks for entering my giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI love those! I had no idea that shirring tape existed! It looks great!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, Patti! What a nice soft touch for over your tub area as well!
ReplyDeletePatti,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project. You do make it look too easy! The balloon shade looks wonderful in your bathroom
Jane
What a smart and pretty idea! Hugs, Cindy S
ReplyDeleteOhhh this looks easy enough.. and so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWell aren't you smart? What a great idea and thank you for showing us how to do it.
ReplyDelete