Friday, September 21, 2018

Have you ever made a Galette? Here are 2 recipes to try:

Tomato Zucchini Galette

I picked up some tomatoes at the local farm stand and made a galette:


These are so simple to make:  
I sliced about 4 Roma tomatoes and set them out to dry for an hour...


...and sautéed 1/2 zucchini in garlic, butter and some red pepper flakes


...then grated some vegetable cheddar cheese, mixed it with Parmesan-Regianno cheese, salt and garlic pepper and some "CNY blend" seasoning from Hey Rose ...


...I set aside about 1/4 c bread crumbs...


...pulled out my Silpat - or you could use parchment paper.


I spread breadcrumbs on a pie crust, saving about 1T, leaving about 1 1/2" of pie crust empty...


...and layered 1/2 the tomatoes on top of crumbs and topped with a little cheese mixture...


...layered the zucchini and the rest of the bread crumbs...


and then added the rest of the tomatoes, topping with the rest of the cheeses.   I wrapped up the pie crust all around the outside edges and brush with a little melted butter.


I  baked it for 1/2 hr at 375',  and cut some fresh basil from the herb garden...


...and sprinkled ribbons of basil on top when it came out of oven!


I used the pizza cutter to cut it into 6 wedges and enjoyed it!!  YUM!


Apple-Pear Galette...

Galettes are so much easier and quicker to make than a pie...


I don't use a recipe, I just wing it!
I gathered 2 different apples, a pear, some sugar and cinnamon, butter, a little flour and a store bought pie crust...


...I sliced the fruit thinly...


...tossed it with sugar, cinnamon and a little flour...


...placed the fruit on the pie crust in a circle...


...pulled up the edges of the pie crust...


...brushed a little melted butter on the crust, and baked it or about 40 min..


...a perfect little dessert for 2!

Hahaha... Only kidding, we got 4 servings!


Can't wait to go apple picking and make another - and applesauce - and apple cake - and apple bread!




Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. I want to try the apple galette. I have poenty of apples on hand, so maybe I'll make one this weekend! Thanks for sharing your recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these look delicious Patti.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both sounds so good! So easy to make too. I have to try these out on my guys. I may have to add some meat though to tempt them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful. Love that you can make them savory or sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to make galettes, so easy and so good! Yours look wonderful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete