Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Hot Dogs wrapped in Bacon with Pineapple Salsa.....

Jenna @ The Painted Apron always inspires me with her quick and mouth watering ideas for dinner.  Recently she posted a recipe for hot dogs with pineapple salsa, wrapped in bacon.

This is my take on her meal, changing the salsa recipe:

I made my "salsa" with pineapple tidbits, bread and butter pickles and red onion....


...about 2 T of each:


I put it in the food processor and pulsed it a few times.

I set it aside to "marinate" the flavors a bit.


A few hours later, I slit the hot dogs and stuffed them with the salsa....


...wrapped them in partially cooked bacon...


...and baked them in the oven at 350' for about 10-15 min.


Our plan was to dine "al fresco", however it was much too hot outside...


...so, to the kitchen table we went!

Keeping with the"pineapple" theme, I served a side of baked beans in cute little pineapple dishes:


This sure was tasty and a quick and easy dinner to prepare!

If you are looking for some new ideas for meals, visit Jenna @ The Painted Apron



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Patti! It always makes me so happy to learn I've inspired someone in the kitchen! I would have never thought to include pickles, yum! So cute to serve your beans in a pineapple dish!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty meal, too.....

    ReplyDelete