Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I am not much of a baker....

I don't enjoy baking, however I could eat baked goods for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  

I have a sweet tooth, like no other!

BUT, when I won the bid for this lovely retired MacKenzie-Childs Honeymoon Dandy Lion cake plate, I couldn't wait to bake a lemon cake!


To make baking even more challenging for me, I made 3 layers - what was I thinking?....


...and slapped some lemon frosting all over it...


...and even got a little fancy by adding a few gold Sixlets around the edge...


...so what did we do?


We dove right into it...


....and now I have breakfast, lunch and dinner for tomorrow!! 
Just kidding!


NOW, can someone PLEASE bake me some cookies so when the cake is gone I can leave this beautiful cake plate on the counter?


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. That is SO beautiful - both the cake and the pedestal! Spring on a plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake plate is stunning...I would want to leave it out on the counter all the time. Your cake is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me a piece of cake and I will bake you some cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it out with a bowl of lemons under the dome. Well, just until more goodies are available. Too pretty to keep behind closed doors. I leave my CC cake stand out on the buffet, just becase. Now I'm craving lemon cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous cake plate and your cake looks very inviting too! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, if nobody bakes you some cookies then you can always stack white powdered sugar doughnuts or Little Debbie's. White doughnuts are pretty in anything but on that work of art they would be even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who said you weren't a baker? That is beautiful. I LOVE that cake plate. I have never seen one like it...and lemon cake was the perfect choice to put on there.

    Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you ARE a baker if you made that cake! Looks absolutely scrumptious, Patti--but then, anything would probably look delicious on that cake plate! That is just beautiful. Glad you won the bid--that cake plate has your name written all over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cake stand Patti, did you get it on ebay? Perfect for a lemon cake, which looks delicious by the way! The gold sixlets are brilliant, but what exactly is a sixlet? 😂
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky bid on this piece! It is beautiful and should definitely stay out to enjoy. It looks like spring. The cake looks so delicious. When it's gone pick up some cookies from your favorite bakery but if your home is like mine (I live with a Cookie Monster) they wouldn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the cake looks pretty enough to display on the gorgeous honeymoon cake plate! I love it! I love yellow because it's os cheerful. Don't you dare stick it in a cabinet! Keep it out all the time!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you! I think your cake turned out pretty and I bet it tasted so good too. Love your cake plate. WOW! How pretty to use for Spring. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I have never seen MC in yellow and white and that cake goes perfectly! I do love lemon cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, your cake is stunning and even more so on that gorgeous cake pedestal. I'd be happy to bring some cookies...wish we lived closer!
    p.s. I'd be happy to eat some of that cake for you, too!!

    ReplyDelete