Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Soup in the summer....

I love fresh fruit!

AND 
I especially like cold fruit soups!


This morning I chopped up some watermelon, honeydew and strawberries to make a cold soup...


...I heated it up a bit to soften up the fruit and added a a few mint leaves for more flavor...


...I pulled out my trusty emulsifier and gave it a few whirls...


...and chilled it for lunch...



This cold Peach Soup is also delish....



Peach Soup
1 cups ripe cantaloupe chunks (about 1 in.) 
1/2 ripe peach (6 oz.), peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
1/2 cup canned peach nectar
1/4 cup white Zinfandel (or 1/2 cup additional peach nectar)
1 tablespoon lemon juice

 In a blender or food processor, whirl cantaloupe, peach, peach nectar, white Zinfandel, and lemon juice until smooth. Taste and add sugar if desired.  Pour soup into a container, cover, and chill until cold, at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.  Pour the soup into shallow bowls.  Makes 2 cups


Gazpacho is so good in the summer...


...I heat up some mixed fresh veggies...


....and add some Italian seasonings...


...blend and chill...


...and add a little fresh basil...so good!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And as fall approaches...

...there is nothing better than a good ol' vegetable soup...



I throw every vegetable I have on hand in with some chicken stock and a can of tomato soup:


And Squash Soup....YUM...



YUM!

1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with salt, and pepper. Serve.


AND 
I live with a guy who doesn't care for soup - go figure!


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. I love soup and gazpacho! My guy likes only hot soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach soup would be a hit around here! I think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soup. It's one of the things that makes winter tolerable. . .homemade soup on the stove. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipes Patti. Soup is a favorite here too, I love using all the fresh veggies to make a starter for freezing. It sure makes my soups and stews taste good during the cold months.......Gazpacho appears often in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmm! Definitely going to try the squash soup. Love quick recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soups all year round Patti. Never heard of cold soup. That might be something I need to try. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love soups too, Patti, hot or cold. I pinned this - thanks for the various ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all kinds of soup. If it is hearty, my husband will eat it! Thanks for all the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are fans of soup here year round. My chef makes a delicious Gazpacho.

    ReplyDelete