Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I need help in identifying these dishes....

I am anxious for spring to arrive, which often takes place in mid May in Central NY!

My table is set around my new topiary!  


My challenge for years has been trying to identify the artist who painted these dishes, mugs and vase:


They are hand painted, each dish is a bit different...


...and they coordinate well with MacKenzie-Childs majolica dishes and the vintage enamelware cups...


...each floral pattern differs slightly and is very identifiable in appearance...


...I often use the vase to hold a wine bottle...


...and the dishes coordinate well with my hand painted crystal candlesticks...


...I have set the buffet for tea and dessert...


...I love this cute "tea" spoon I found years ago at Sur la Table, it is used to squeeze the tea bag...


...and I am offering an assortment of teas in a hand painted bowl I bought in Victoria, BC ...


...Tea is served in a vintage Lefton Miss Dainty tea set, which was my mother's...


...I just adore these mugs...


...this setting brings a little bit of spring into my home, even though there is snow outside...


...a bit of flowers, soft pastels, and a perfect setting for some homemade soup and sandwiches...


...and I love using battery operated candles - so safe and no wax drips!!


Here are a few more of the pieces....SO, can anyone help me in identifying the artist?


Looking forward to some ideas on how I can find out more about these pieces!

Pin It
SaveSave
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. Patti, your plates are lovely, but I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to their origin. Are there markings on the reverse side? Where did you get them? I adore the sweet Miss Dainty tea set! They go beautifully with your dishes. Your dining room looks so pretty set for guests. Have a nice afternoon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pieces have been purchased in antique and thrift shops, the signature on the back is a scribble of up and down peaks! I thought it was a local artist until I found a piece on Ebay that came from Florida - I am so intrigued!

      Delete
  2. Everything is beautiful! My first thought for your unknown pieces was a local artist, perhaps someone admiring MC. They work and coordinate well with your MC. The tea set is just adorable and special. Sure like the way you set up for tea, delightful.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I think we may have discussed this before. I have some similar pieces marked AP. I just texted you a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help identify, but they sure area nice shot in the arm at this time of year. Very pretty pieces you have, Patti. I do remember another blogger - was that Sarah ^ ? - mention them somewhere along the blogging line.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table setting! I don't know anything about the plates, but I love everything about your dining room. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you would want to know the name of these plates, they are darling! I even did a google image search in the hopes of helping you out, but came up with nothing. This is a lovely, inspiring, spring table setting. I wish I could help! Visiting from Grace at Home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, everything is so cute Patti, and I love the knock off McK candlesticks. It all works so well together, but I've got no clue as to origin... Your whole table and sideboard looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely table setting. Those plates are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how all the pieces work so well together…it is a shame that no one has been able to help so far in identifying them. Your little tea set is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dishes look familiar to me, too, but I don't know the pattern. If you do find out, please let your readers know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mystery dishes looks very familiar, and remind me a little of some Kath Kidson designs. Not quite, but similar. Your table setting has the look of spring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found a big set of this same artist down in SW Florida recently. I originally purchased it thinking it was MacKenzie-Childs! Upon looking at MC pieces more, I realize I was wrong, but it really is lovely. Has anyone else found anything about it since?

    ReplyDelete