Sunday, May 1, 2016

Antiquing in Ontario, NY...

My girlfriend and I decided to spend Sunday antiquing, so we drove west to the Whistlestop Antiques,  located in Ontario, NY


The buildings are filled with antiques, primitives, treasures and gifts...


...recycled and reinvented wonders...


...and it was like a walk down memory lane, noticing tableware and furniture like my grandparents had in their homes...


 ... lots of booths...


...with everything from florals...



...to hand made accessories...


...rustic pillows...


...unique lighting...


...and lots of housewares and gifts!


 There was also a cute boutique and gift shop on the grounds:


Lunch in the next town, at the Pultneyville Grill, was delicious - and Lake Ontario was right outside the window!


A quick stop at the Young Summer Winery was a fun way to end the day!


It's always fun to visit new places, especially with great company!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to spend the day. I was in my garden, so I was a happy girl too. Given the choice though, I would have rather been out antiquing. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love antiquing and your day looked like a wonderful. I love browsing through places like this one and finding a great spot for lunch. A lake view perfect!
    Have a great week…...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love antiquing, and love hearing about places others go....one never knows when their trail may take them there! Love that ticking pillow that looks to be tied in a bow knot. :) A restaurant with a nice view elevates any meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti you seem to find the greatest places to shop! This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll add that to my list! There is so much to see and do once I retire. LOL

    ReplyDelete