Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Prettiest of Cookbooks ....

I have always loved cookbooks.  

I still have my very first cookbook:


...given to me when I was 12....

(I know you are doing the math!!)


...it had photos and clear directions.  This was one of my favorite side dishes to make:

(You can buy the 2003 version HERE)

There are two things that attracts me to cookbooks - the photos or the art work!  

The art work is what attracted me to Susan Branch's books:

(You can buy some HERE)

And the art work is what attracted me to these cookbooks:

 Goodness Gracious 

(You can buy it HERE)


Keeping Good Company 

(you can buy it hereHERE)

Shelly Reeves Smith is the illustrator for these two cookbooks, as well as greeting cards.  Sadly,  she has not written in her blog in a few years.  You can read about her HERE


The art work is colorful....


...soft and pretty....


...with a touch of whimsy...


...and so inviting!


The books also have a few cute stories and entertaining ideas!


The recipes are also delicious and these are my two favorites...


...especially this one:


I just love banana bread, especially with chocolate chips!


 You can purchase Goodness Gracious HERE and Keeping Good Company HERE

I used to have so many cookbooks, but I got rid of many of them.  My Pinterest file  is now filled with my favorites as well as recipes to try.

Do you have any favorite cookbooks?
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. I love those cookbooks also especially the art work! My favorite cookbook is a small cookbook from Seaside, Florida. I got it many years ago and it is one of my all time favorites. I love everything I have ever made out of it. No artwork but wonderful recipes.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, you have a wonderful collection of Susan Branch cookbooks. I too find them charming because of the additional art work. Just flipping through the pages makes me smile. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stack of Susan Branch cookbooks. The way Susan writes and her art work is very inviting and easy on the eyes. Recipes are easy to follow also.

    My current favorite cookbook is Good Food, Good Life by Curtis Stone. Great photos and every recipe I have made was a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti, what a lovely collection of cookbooks. I especially love everything Susan Branch does, her art work is charming. Happy Sunday……..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a Library of cookbooks that I love !!!! The older the better !!!! I need to add a Susan Branch cookbook to my collection !!!

    ReplyDelete