Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pirish - How our family celebrates St Patty's Day....


Our family is a mixture of many nationalities.  
For the past 3 years, the next generation has celebrated PIRISH, their name for the Polish St Patty's Day Party!

My daughter held brunch at her home....


...with a fabulous menu:


Pedro cooked green pancakes...


...while my "lassie" made mimosas:


And boy, were we ever surprised to find this little guy at her house - all the way from Ohio!!


We donned our mustaches and went off to my nieces house...


...my Polish husband donned his best:


Our family tradition to celebrate ANYTHING is to drink shots of blackberry brandy - and I mean ANYTHING - weddings, births, deaths, picnics, camping, holidays, coughs or general family gatherings! They even have special decanters engraved with their names and "Nostrovia Sto Lat" on them!


I made some Leprechaun Punch - Midori Melon, Moscato, Pineapple Juice and Sierra Mist - YUM!


It was a fun day and it's always a delight to see the next generation start to entertain the "ol folks"

And that's how the Polish, Cubans, Scottish, English, Germans and Irish in our family celebrate St Patty's Day!!

7 comments:

  1. Patti Ya'll know how to party! I'm making note of your Leprechaun Punch. It's sounds delicious and looks festive. Perfect combo.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Patti, I love how you all celebrate ANYTHING with your blackberry brandy shots, but those mimosas would be calling my name. What a fun tradition! Happy Pirish Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a blast! Happy St. Patty's Day-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🍀 Happy St Patrick's Day🍀

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun celebrations you and your family enjoyed. I love all your green.
    Happy Spring……….

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to celebrate, Patti! I think you whoop it up more than the Irish! Ha! I'm not sure about blackberry brandy but I'll try anything once and that punch looks like something I might make on Easter Sunday. We like to have a 'signature drink' at all of our celebrations.

    Love your blog!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun family holiday! Good for you. I love that you all get into the spirit of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...