Saturday, September 26, 2015

A few ways to update an artificial pumpkin….

I bought a creamy-yellow pumpkin and dry-brushed white acrylic paint on it. Then I dry-brushed some wax ~ dark and clear mixture ~ and buffed it: 


 I "yanked" off the cheap green plastic stem and replaced it with a green glass knob:


This one was painted in tan and cream stripes, with a wooden knob attached...


…and this grey and white striped pumpkin got a vintage glass knob:


Just another way to make a cheap pumpkin look a little fancier!


Here is a resin pumpkin from the Dollar Tree….


…with a few ribbon loops and fringe attached, and a bow on top!

This pumpkin was painted in "Pandora" checks:




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I love that one hanging on the door, I'll have to give it a try!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea to add the door knob. Loving my Patti Courtly Check pumpkins. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pumpkins, Patti! When I was putting out my faux pumpkins this year, I realized that I really wasn't keen on the orange ones anymore. I don't know why I didn't think to paint them! I may just do that before I pack the Fall stuff away so this way they will be ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...