Saturday, September 26, 2015

A few ways to update an artificial pumpkin….

I bought a creamy-yellow pumpkin and dry-brushed white acrylic paint on it. Then I dry-brushed some wax ~ dark and clear mixture ~ and buffed it: 


 I "yanked" off the cheap green plastic stem and replaced it with a green glass knob:


This one was painted in tan and cream stripes, with a wooden knob attached...


…and this grey and white striped pumpkin got a vintage glass knob:


Just another way to make a cheap pumpkin look a little fancier!


Here is a resin pumpkin from the Dollar Tree….


…with a few ribbon loops and fringe attached, and a bow on top!

This pumpkin was painted in "Pandora" checks:




Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I love that one hanging on the door, I'll have to give it a try!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea to add the door knob. Loving my Patti Courtly Check pumpkins. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pumpkins, Patti! When I was putting out my faux pumpkins this year, I realized that I really wasn't keen on the orange ones anymore. I don't know why I didn't think to paint them! I may just do that before I pack the Fall stuff away so this way they will be ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete