Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine Day Treats

Valentine's Day is right around the corner.


I have a few "hearts" around the house….


My 2 favorite Susan Branch books are on the coffee table:


The candy bar is set up:


…BUT I don't think any of the sweets will last til the 14th!


I have already been nibbling on the hearts!


Today I decided to test a new recipe from a baking blog:


After trying the Cherry Bundt Cake the other day and being so disappointed, I thought I would try another recipe.
The recipe for "Fairy Bites" also didn't work as well as expected...


 …but they were easy to make.


I just struggled with the batter because it didn't want to stick together!


But they finally turned out well after I tweaked and tweaked!


The Fairy Bites are a cute little shortbread cookie!


I also baked a few mini cupcakes...


Do you have any special recipes you use for Valentines Day?



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Why do I get hungry whenever I visit your blog???? =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti! Oh, Lord! Look at all of this gorgeous looking food. Now I need some! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! And no doubt very tasty! Would you believe we still have Christmas decor up??? I am in no shape to take it down, so we just have to live with it until I am!!! (I don't trust Ramon to pack my stuff away correctly, so...!!!) I'm pretty sure we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day with Christmas in the background! So sad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...