Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine Day Treats

Valentine's Day is right around the corner.


I have a few "hearts" around the house….


My 2 favorite Susan Branch books are on the coffee table:


The candy bar is set up:


…BUT I don't think any of the sweets will last til the 14th!


I have already been nibbling on the hearts!


Today I decided to test a new recipe from a baking blog:


After trying the Cherry Bundt Cake the other day and being so disappointed, I thought I would try another recipe.
The recipe for "Fairy Bites" also didn't work as well as expected...


 …but they were easy to make.


I just struggled with the batter because it didn't want to stick together!


But they finally turned out well after I tweaked and tweaked!


The Fairy Bites are a cute little shortbread cookie!


I also baked a few mini cupcakes...


Do you have any special recipes you use for Valentines Day?



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Why do I get hungry whenever I visit your blog???? =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti! Oh, Lord! Look at all of this gorgeous looking food. Now I need some! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! And no doubt very tasty! Would you believe we still have Christmas decor up??? I am in no shape to take it down, so we just have to live with it until I am!!! (I don't trust Ramon to pack my stuff away correctly, so...!!!) I'm pretty sure we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day with Christmas in the background! So sad!!!

    ReplyDelete