Sunday, December 7, 2014

Another great birthday….

Call it what you like:

"MacKenzie-Frenzy"
"Childs" Play
"Kenzie" Love
"M-C"

I call it FUN!

My birthday weekend often coincides with the Holiday Sale at MacKenzie-Childs...


…so 5 of us took the hour drive out to Cayuga Lake...


…to check out the decorations...


…and to pick out the "perfect birthday gift!


Unfortunately they were sold out...


…of the few things on my wish list...


…but the holiday decor in the store was so lovely.


The tables, the windows and the walls...


...were decked in holiday colors.


That's my Caitlin, peeking out behind the Shard Tree!


An artist was painting in the shop:


The visit to Aurora is not complete without a tour of the Farmhouse...


…the outside was decorated with fresh greens ...


…and the inside welcomed us with glitzy table settings...


…stunning centerpieces...


…the new holiday enamelware...


…lots of courtly checks...


…garlands galore...


…filled with ribbons and bows...


…trees full of color and treasures...


…and views of Cayuga Lake.


It was a chilly, but sunny day...


…and the poor swans were in hiding!


We then drove to Skaneateles Lake...


…and roamed the town.


The Dickens characters...


were singing...


…and entertaining...


…putting on interactive skits...


…and Santa was waiting for us!


Even Mom had her photo taken with the jolly ol' man!


A trip to Skaneateles is not complete without shopping...


Some of the shops have a perfect view of the lake:



We had dinner at the Sherwood Inn...


The historical inn, restaurant and tavern overlook the lake..


…and it was a perfect setting for a birthday dinner:


French Onion soup...


Turkey dinner..


Pasta with chicken and andouille sausage...


And we ended the day with my favorite cake:


Boston Cream!!

It was a fabulous birthday - and I can't believe I am only 29 years old  :-)




Pin It


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great birthday! Boston cream pie is one of my favorites !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Patti, I am so happy that you got to not only spend time at MC, but share with us! Sooo pretty and it's on my bucket list. If I ever get to do this, I will have to come visit you too. Caitlin is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, you 29 year old girly....so glad your birthday was fun....Happiest Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Patti. Glad you had such a wonderful outing. How I'd love to see the farm house decorated for the holidays. Thanks for sharing your photos. Caitlin could be an ornament on the tree. ;-)
    What did you end up getting for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 29th, Patti ;) and here's to wishing you many more wonderful ones! What a fun way to celebrate! That French Onion soup look delicious! How was the cruise? I bet you had a fabulous time :) Birthday hugs~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy, happy birthday, Patti! Wow...you don't look a day of 25!!! What a great way to spend your birthday! I know you were totally in your element, and that had to be just about the best ever!

    What??? You mean that moose head wasn't on your list??? :-) It would have been on mine!

    The farmhouse decor is gorgeous! I love all the garlands! Our home doesn't have a lot of stairwells and such, but if it did I would have it all decked out like that for the Christmas season! I LOVE it! So lush!!! The great thing about it is that it doesn't look overdone. It's JUST RIGHT!!!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend and your birthday meal. Here's to another year!

    ReplyDelete