Thursday, February 13, 2014

Painting Checks on Fabric….Giving it a Mackenzie-Childs Flair!

 One part of my follow up projects as a Japan Fulbright recipient in 2006 was to teach my students a variety of Japanese approaches to painting fabric.  When I returned to the US, I wrote a booklet on a variety of surface design techniques to share with my students, local fashion design teachers and textile professors.

This is something I have wanted to try for quite a while now and I don't know why it took me so long!   


  I bought checked fabric and just dragged colors through the white checks!
Terry at Forever Decorating painted fabric similar to this, too.


Yessirree…it is as simple as that!

There is absolutely no way I could afford a few pairs of these curtains ($395.00 pr):

So, now if I want a pair, I can "paint them"!

For now, I'll just settle for a pillow:


Sharing with:

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Is there anything you can't create with paint? This is a terrific idea. And congratulation on the Fulbright honor in 2006. Have you written a blog post about this experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah Patti, thanks for the mention of me and my blog. It is easy to paint fabric. I mixed acrylic paint with textile medium to turn it into fabric paint first. There's nothing we won't try with our paints, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...