Friday, February 14, 2014

Everyone needs a little black and white in their home….

I bought this little chest at GW the other day...


...and primed the top in white paint...


…and painted some black and white checks on the top:


I added some depth with colors:


I gave the ebony stain on the chest some polish:


I am contemplating changing the knobs, but can't make up my mind!


Such a pretty piece, don't you think?


Sharing with:
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic 
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. You are so talented Patti! Love your little MC Chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chest - what about white knobs? Your a very talented gal.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you lived next door! I'd keep you busy adding black and white to our home. '-)
    Another great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea, I really like this. Maybe the black and white check knobs from Hobby Lobby might look great and tie it in with the top, but what am I saying? You could just paint the ones that are one there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty chest, Patti! The base looks in great shape and the painting took care of the top. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty! I actually love the knobs!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness!!!! I totally love this!!!

    ReplyDelete