Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another MacKenzie-Childs Knockoff...

While searching throughout the Hobby Lobby sale section the other day, I found this fluted bowl:  


The shape resembled my favorite MacKenzie-Childs bowl:


So I took a sharpie to it and drew gridlines:


And then I painted it with a paint pen and trimmed the edges with a gold leaf pen.  


 I baked it in the oven to "set" the paint.


I wasn't able to "drag" the colors thru the checks with the paint pens, but it is a close imitation!

Sharing with:


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. WOW looks great - I am going to try my hand at a McKinzey Childs design. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Patti! It looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like yours better than the M&C one!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job...I like your version better that the MC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hush UP!!!!!!! How do you do this?!??!!! The precision is just amazing! I can't believe how incredibly straight the lines are! If I did it, it would look like a Picasso! I guess if I sat the wine glass down, though.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's MINE and I love it. It finally arrived today and I am thrilled. Love the sweet size and your did an amazing job on it. Thanks Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say too on how much precision I noticed on this wonderful fluted bowl. I notice a nice new header today too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so very clever! Forgot to tell you that your new header is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...