Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Swarovski Crystal Tree

This year, my 18th annual star/snowflake will go on my Swarovski tree.

Once it starts to snow, I am ready to put it up on the mantle!



I am continuing my mother's collection which she began in 1996 (Swarovski designed the very first in 1991).  All of the odd years are STARS and the even years are SNOWFLAKES.  

I purchased the tree from Pier 1 a few years ago:


I also added mercury glass lights so it will twinkle at night!


Each year the ornament is dated:


And I have some favorites...




…especially this one:


These photos do not do it justice and it is so difficult to get a good photo in the window over the mantle:


But I was able to catch the "blue hour":


Do you have a favorite holiday decoration that you look forward to pulling out each year?



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Oh, WOWSERS, Patty! I love the crystal tree, especially at night! Great photos, BTW….
    Hmmmm….I don't really have a favorite decoration other than a rag wreath my oldest daughter made in first grade!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh @.@

    just my Xmas tree dream !

    Wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, your crystal tree is incredible. What a wonderful tradition! I don't know if I have a favorite decoration. I enjoy pulling things out each year because they are things that have been part of our Christmas for many many years. My husband and I each have a small Santa figure from our childhood homes, and our ornaments mostly have a special memory. Love the season! Thanks for sharing your crystal tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, Patty. I see right across over to your sidebar that my posts are still not updating. So frustrating that Blogger doesn't update my feeds consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful thing to collect...these are so lovely.
    I am in the middle of decorating....nothing heavy this year.....just tree, all our stockings and a few wreaths will do me fine. Moving has just about done us in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just imagine the sparkles when the sun shines on your Swarovski crystal tree. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tree! I love that you are continuing your Mom's collection, it is truly beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like this one, I now want to buy a crystal jewelry, Swarovski http://www.swarovskiusa.us liked, but I do not know that a good pick money, you help to the point.

    ReplyDelete