Thursday, August 22, 2013

Christmas Skates and Snowman Spoons

Thanks for all the emails and comments relating to my "I've been busy" post.  Especially the comments about the ice skate.  I am thinking about Christmas ideas for the Shabby Chic Boutique - planning early!!  

This is what I did with the skate:


I painted and sealed it:


and then filled it with a "icy" floral arrangement:


And here is its' mate:



And while I had Christmas on my mind....

I saw these somewhere online and had to make some!

These are cheap spoons, with the handles bent towards the back.  I painted snowmen faces on each spoon with a bit of holly and glitter glue!


Aren't they adorable?


These are quick and easy Christmas Ornaments that can be hung on a tree or tied onto a gift!
Sharing this idea with:

Hooking up with House of Hepworths
Open House Party 
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo  


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Very cute, Patti. You are so clever! You will be proud of me because I'm planning our autumn and Christmas decor now!!!! :D There are a couple of projects I want to do, like some faux snow globes in Mason jars and things like that. I need to get on it!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really a cute idea, Patti. You are really getting a good head start on things- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skates, Patti! I found a pair at a garage sale, but I will probably just embellish them a little bit since I am not artistic at all. : ) Love the spoons, too. I wish I could paint like you! I got a set at an estate sale but they are small and I am thinking of making them magnets with a nest in the spoon area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those spoons are just the cutest things ever! I still have the Santa clothespin you made (when I won one of your giveaways!). And those skates are just perfect. =) Come on over when you have a chance, I'm hosting a giveaway. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling Christmas goodies....I think that they'll sell fast in your booth! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring on Friday at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman faces are so cute. I would never be able to paint anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how adorable! The snowman spoons with the darling little faces is so cute! I admire your painting skills....wonderful job! The embellishment on the black and white skates is so pretty...perfect for the holidays:)Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how adorable! The snowman spoons with the darling little faces is so cute! I admire your painting skills....wonderful job! The embellishment on the black and white skates is so pretty...perfect for the holidays:)Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking ahead towards Christmas! The snowman spoons are very cute and of course I love anything M-C!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really talented, Patti! Love your projects. They are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Patti, you have my attention! I adore the skates and am going to have to do me a pair. They would look so good with my MC tree don't you think. I have made the snowman spoons. I will send you a photo of mine.

      Delete
  12. I adore what you did to the ice skates! Love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...