Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tandoori Rub


When I was in Guadeloupe in March, I bought a variety of whole and freshly ground spices.  I just made a bowlful of Tandoori Rub.  Tandoori is a marinade traditionally used in Indian cooking.  The dry spice mix is mixed with yogurt, which is perfect for a marinade because it has a natural acidity, and is thick enough to adhere well to the meat, which keeps the spices in place.  You can also just use the spices as a plain rub.  The color of the spice mix is often very red or very yellow.  

Here is the recipe I used:


I divided the spices into little zip bags:


I placed the zip bags into these cute orange polka dot parchment bags, and I bought coordinating washi tape to seal the bags:


I made a label, adding a variety of ways to use the mixed spices:


I am hosting a "girl's night out" on Friday and these will be little favors for each guest to take home:


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. I just had Tandoori chicken for lunch. Those are the cutest packets of rub I have even seen. Have fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete