Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Birdhouse with MacKenzie-Childs Flair

I need a birdhouse in the backyard.  There is a row of tall Arbovitae behind our patio and the birds are having lots of fun building nests and preparing to lay their eggs.  There are robins, barn swallows and this little one:

I went to the craft store and found this wooden birdhouse:


You probably know where my mind was - "I can paint it in checks!!" So I  used MacKenzie-Childs as my inspiration : 




I will hang this from a small shepherds hook by the bushes!



Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That turned out GREAT!! You did wonderful job. A house any bird would be proud to call home- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, this looks beautiful! I am a big MacKenzie Childs fan, so when I saw this at Make the Scene Monday, I had to pop over. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG How cute, Patti! Plus you have the Frank & Mustard stripes on it. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for sharing! Am a huge M-C fan but just cannot afford the pricey prices. This is a terrific "knock-off" and you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Patti! You are killing me with all your check pieces! : ) I see these unfinished birdhouses all the time and wish I had half your talent to paint them up like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, it will look great in your backyard. So cute! We're both thinking about the birdies. I have bird earrings on my blog ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, the birds are likely to fight over who gets to occupy this darling home. '-)
    Yet another cute project from your creative hands. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable. You know I look allover the place for cute checkered birdhouses. U should make more and sell them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll have the luckiest birds in the neighborhood...sweet place to nest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pinning this! I love birdhouses, and I love how you painted this one! Super Cute!!!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-28.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...