Friday, April 19, 2013

How to Make a Topiary - with a Mackenzie-Childs Flair

Topiaries are very simple to make and inexpensive.  They can be quite expensive to purchase, so I made my own:

 These topiaries, from Mackenzie-Childs, are priced from $45.00 - $175.00 (click here to view):





To make a topiary,you will need a flower pot, styrofoam or oasis, a dowel, some moss and a boxwood ball:

I paint the flower pots in stripes or checks, some have little ball feet, some don't!



The procedure is simple: Shove some oasis into a flower pot, paint the dowel brown, glue the boxwood ball onto the dowel and then glue that into oasis.  Cover the oasis with some moss.  It's that simple!



Here is a tiny topiary.  I bought the base at Michaels and I painted the pot and tied on a M-C ribbon:




Pin It

9 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love them..thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is something I may be able to tackle, no sewing involved! I have a couple of similar containers to practice on...thanks, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. I love the checks so much. Thank you for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Patti! I like yours better and love that it's a lot less than $45!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti- What a great job you did! I love that it looks so much like the M-P stuff. I get so many ideas from their catalog and you have done a great job of imitating them here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, these turned out adorable. You are always coming up with something clever to make with your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one can "Kenzie-it-up" like you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure you didn't buy those from MC? They look just as good. You did a great job on those.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know I love them, Patti! You've combined two favorites here for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...