Saturday, March 16, 2013

From Silver to Checks....

My girlfriend had this silver and black chest in her foyer and commissioned me to, as she says, "Kenzie it up" - In other words, she wanted some Mackenzie-Childs Courtly Checks and stripes!





I painted checks on the top:


and decided that the front and sides needed some wide stripes.


Here is the finished chest:


I loved how it turned out and I hated to call her and tell her it was completed!


I actually found a few spots in my home where this chest would be perfect!


But, I have to paint the matching mirror that she has hanging over it in her foyer, so I guess I will have to return it to her :-(



Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Patti the chest looks beautiful! Great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, I'd love to have this one come visit if it it wants a trip to TX. You did a fantastic job! Love the combo of stripes and checks and the shape of this piece is wonderful. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on that- It turned out really, really cute! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver was nice, but this is so much better. Your little check pitcher looks perfect on it too. Too bad you can't keep it while you do the mirror - to make it match of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute the way your chest turned out I love the black and white top looks with the silver and black...you did such a good job on that...love it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty! And I love the phrase "Kenzie it up!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Patti! You know you have a fan in me with your paint projects. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty, I am using your phrase "Kenzie it up" in my blog post next Saturday! I'll link to your blog of course. Love how you painted the chest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure you want to give it back? It looks awesome! Love the graphic stripes and checks. Visiting from Under the Table and Dreaming and your newest follower.

    xxoo

    Kathy
    http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patti, what a great job you did on the chest!!! Your friend must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...