Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vintage Humidor

A few months ago I bought this old humidor at the auction:  


The inside is lined with copper:



 I cleaned the copper and primed the wood:


Here is the finished stand:


The edges of a false top, that was added by the previous owner, had to be disguised,:



so, I added some beaded trim around the top edge...


I wonder who used to store their cigars and tobacco in this humidor?


The top was painted with checks (of course!) in a decorative shape and then trimmed in gold:


Every piece should have a little element of surprise so the back is painted a "pinkish-red":


It's all set for Craigs List:


Update:  This piece sold in a day!

Enter Enamel Sign Giveaway here


Sharing with:
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute. What a great find! It reminds me of a little cabinet we have in our powder room, but there is no copper lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did a wonderful job. Love the beaded trim and surprise pop of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out just fabulously, Patti. You are quick with these projects. I doubt this lasts long on CL. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to make a nice addition to someone's home. You work quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just inspired me with the way you painted the top of this lovely piece. I knew when I saw it that it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is lovely! You did a fabulous job! I haven't jumped into refinishing furniture yet, so thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out great. I love what you did. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/01/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_22.html
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very cool! Love the original piece (copper-lined!) and the whimsical way you've painted it.
    Gail @ thisgreenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out great! Love the pop of pink in the back!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great piece-copper inside, wow. I love how you transformed it.

    Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolio of chalk painted work)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...