Sunday, January 20, 2013

Little Wine Stand Makeover


My girlfriends and I have been going to the auction on Tuesday nights.  It's a lot of fun and it is so interesting to see what people buy and what items sell for.  A few weeks ago a Stickley dining room table sold for only $125 and the other night someone spent over $20 on tongs for grilling - there is no rhyme or reason and it certainly is amusing!

I bought this cute little end table/wine stand.  It was stained brown and here it is primed (because sometimes I get so exciting to jump into a project that I forget to take photos!)


And here it is completed:


I had some fun with the trim, giving it a marbled-look:


And of course, I had to add my favorite checks to the top:


It might be hard to part with this piece, but I have to - I have no room for it at all!


Sharing with: 
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. I'll say it again..........oh, how I wish I lived near you. This one would be welcome in our home. It's adorable and perfect little side table. Love the green marbled trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it! Love the checks with the stripes. How on earth can you part with it????

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not be able to part with that. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and whimsical makeover!! Totally love it!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hug,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute makeover, Patti! Very creative.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigoodness! This darling little table reminds me of Mackenzie Childs, which I think is a fantastic designer. Are you familiar with them? http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, as always, you did a fantastic job.
    How fun and whimsical. Debbie said you might be up for a new blog design. I have some ideas for you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful transformation! I just got a midcentury table that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I like your creative take on what to do with this one. Did you have to pay much for the table? Hope you have a place to sell this beauty. Someone will surely snap it up.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Patti, I just love it! Love the checks and the stripes on the same piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!
    I've never been to an auction but would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect accent piece! You did a beautiful job! Would love to feature it on my website so please stop by and submit it!

    Susan @ Oh My! Creative

    ReplyDelete
  12. You dod a great job on this! Very nice lines and love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe the change. I love checks and stripes. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's cute! I could never part with that, great job! I love the stripes with the checks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...