Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Chippendale Mirror - Updated!

I bought this Chippendale Mirror at the auction the other night.  I have a smaller one in my home and love the shape and detail on the top, but never wanted to paint mine - even though I could always imagine how I would paint it.  So when they began to auction off this one, I raised my bidding card and kept it up in the air until I heard "SOLD"!

It's a beauty:


A few days later, this is how it turned out:


A little gold trim and some soft colors....


...and of course a little black and white...


...a little sponging and antiquing...


And now she is ready for Craigs List!


Sharing with:
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal  
aking The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I want her! I'll make arrangements to get her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Patti, Gosh, what a transformation! I love the little dash of pink, beautiful. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patti,
    How cute and looks like it's already sold!
    Great job.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! I'll bet someone snatches her up very, very quickly!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty your find turned out! I've always wanted to attend an auction , but have never taken the initiative. I need to change that soon, who knows what treasures there are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that? You have really transformed this beauty into something fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky, Debbie! Wish I lived nearby to take advantage of your makeovers. This is a fabulous piece! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way cool Patti! I adore it, so you never said if you were keeping it or where you are putting it in your home. Come by and check out my newly painted dining room. I'll be showing the kitchen as soon as I get the valances made this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Patti! I'm sure it will go fast, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, I love this! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great makeover! This looks so fun!!! I love this mirror! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti, I hung the mirror! I'll post it on my blog soon. Love it!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...