Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Holiday Sled

Lately I have been going to an auction on Tuesday nights.  They sell everything from glassware, to coins, to collectibles, to furniture.  There is a wide assortment of people who attend - some even have reserved seats!
 It is so easy to get caught up in the bidding - and can be very exciting!  I bought this old sled the other night and knew exactly what I could do with it:

 A little paint, a little MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check "doodling" and this is how it turned out:



It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas, so I decorated the sled with holiday greens and a striped bow:


I also bought a few pieces of furniture to paint - so stay tuned to see how I transform them!

Sharing with:
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground

Pin It

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Hi Patti,
    I love how you transformed the sled, it looks fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice message!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a sled and am planning on decorating it for Christmas but I know mine won't be even close to as cute as yours is. I love the check, was it really difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I love it! I'm going to fill my checked wheelbarrow with Christmas greens. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out beautifully! I passed up a vintage sled at a recent garage sale and now I'm kicking my self!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti! Oh, I love what you've done with the sled - it's darling! Honey, you're good! It will be so sweet at Christmas time. Heck, poke a pun'kin on it and use it for Halloween.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out amazing! I'd love that at my front door. The perfect accent for winter and Christmas time. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. O I need to find a sled .....in Texas...yes we do on occassion...love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Patti! But I'm sure you knew I would say that! : ) Our local antique mart has so many sleds. I remember looking in NY and not being able to find any {except for a baby one I found at a garage sale}.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have stolen my heart with this one. Wouldn't something like this look so cool next to my MC Christmas tree? Drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pati, this is really great! I love it! I bet your house at Christmas is full of wonderful touches such as this sled...........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, you must dream in black and white checks!

    ReplyDelete