Friday, August 17, 2012

What's for lunch?

Hmmm...I wonder what I should have for lunch today:
Chicken salad on romaine sounds good:

I love to serve chicken in my milk glass rooster covered dishes. Omelets also stay warm in the egg shaped dishes while I am waiting for everyone to sit at the kitchen table. So far I have collected 4 of these and I am still on the hunt for more.
What do you collect?

Sharing with: Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea. I see the hens all the time at the antique malls, but never thought to use them as serving "bowls". Your chicken salad looks delicious, too. Thanks for stopping by my blog with a lovely comment.I'm your newest follower.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, I have some glass ones that I like to use in the same way. Love the idea of the milk glass with our McK-C ceramics. Will look for some!
    Have a great weekend.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! I'd never thought of using those hens for anything except display. My grandmother had a huge collection of them--probably 50 or more--of all sizes. Wish I had some of them; I'd give them to you!

    ReplyDelete