Monday, July 2, 2012

Girlfriend Brunch!


Two of my girlfriends also retired from teaching last week so I had brunch to celebrate!
This was the menu:
The centerpiece was fresh flowers from the garden in the tea pot I painted the other day:

Tiger Lilies are one of my favorite flowers!
I used my clip-on chalkboards as place cards and wrapped little bars of handmade soap as favors:
These 2 girlfriends are also MacKenzie-Childs fans, so I set the table with assorted berry bowls and checked dishes and napkins:
The salt/pepper shakers are from Anthropologie:
The salad was simple to make; a leaf of Romaine lettuce and tomatoes, cucumbers. and a radish rose with vidalia onion/tomato dressing:


I made fruit salad with watermelon, pineapple, melon, strawberries and mint:
The mint is from my herb garden!
Here is the table before we sat down:

I used my mother's 60 year old pilsner glasses for Mimosas and garnished them with a strawberry:
I made Cheese, Bacon and Spinach Quiche:
I also served tomato/basil bruschetta with cheese and scones
Cake balls were served for dessert:

Here is Debbie and Janine, always smiling!

And we have lots to smile about! Happy Retirement to us!

Sharing with:
and

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet party, with a great menu and a lovely table. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table, Patti, and all the food looks delicious! I love quiche and miss it so much since I've had to go gluten free. The crustless I've had from Trader Joe's just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy retirement! I retired last May and love, love, love it. Never knew life could be so darn good. Your table is so pretty you sure threw a sweet party. Thanks for letting me know you liked my two toned charmer buffet! so are your wheels still turning? go ahead you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, you three do have a lot to smile about. Retirement is the best!
    Best wishes to each of you.
    Your luncheon looks delicious and of course I'm impressed with all the CC and ceramics. I don't have any berry bowls, but purchased two of the footed compotes this spring when Neiman Marcus put them on sale. I'd like to add a few more when the opportunity presents itself.
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I retired from teaching after thirty years. I don't suppose I really realized it until an early morning in September when I heard the school bus go by my house. I could just turn over and go back to sleep. It is so wonderful. It requires no period of adjustment.
    Best wishes to you and your friends. You have many good times ahead to enjoy each other. Plan lots of fun things to do and you are off to a wonderful start with you lovely luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape is fabulous and the menu sounds wonderful. I love all the check dishes and accessories. MacKenzie Child has such lovely things and your pieces are stunning. Congratulations to all three of you. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete