Friday, May 4, 2012

I've been busy painting....

Last week I went to an estate sale and bought this Drexel desk. It is solid wood except for the top center, which is a laminate:
I wanted to update it a bit, so I taped off the laminate and painted it heirloom white and glazed it with a "made-up concoction" of tan, brown and taupe. I also added some stripes around the top edge and then distressed it:
Our local dollar store recently sold small cans of spray paint (4/$1.00), specifically for cars, and I sprayed the drawer handle in bronze:
The next project was an old coffee table I bought last year at Goodwill. I tried my new AS chalk paint and I am now sold on this paint! 1 1/2 coats of paint, without any sanding or priming - - it couldn't get any easier. I also distressed it and found that as you sand, it sands the paint off in a powder, unlike latex, which sometimes comes off in a strip (because I never let it dry long enough!)
Two projects completed in just a two days!
Sharing with:
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That desk looks beautiful, Patti! I love it! The chalk paint is great, isn't it? I love the no sanding, no priming part myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, you have talent! Perhaps you will consider going into business and sell some of your works of art on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pati,
    They both look great...awesome deal on the spray paint.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, it's so nice to meet you!! What great projects you completed!! You found some good buys at the GW. Thanks for visiting me. Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, both of your projects turned out just lovely! I love that style of desk. I recently redid a similar coffee table, as well.
    http://simplychictreasures.blogspot.ca/2012/03/french-script-coffee-table.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy painting. I just got a bookshelf at the Salvation Army yesterday and I have some sanding and painting to do myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...