Sunday, April 8, 2012

Black and White Checked End Table


I returned to the Swap Shop and found this table for only $5.
There is a magazine rack on the inside of the door:
And a cute extension table that pulls out:
I primed it and painted it in Heirloom White:
Hear are the photos, step by step:

I "dragged some MacKenzie-Childs colors" through the white:
The back side has a harlequin diamond design with gold dots at the joints:
Both sides and the front have stripes:
The edges have gold trim, the bottom has gold polka dots and the front has a country scene painted on the raised panel:
I gave it a quick coat of varnish to prevent chipping and marks:
The pull-out table was already covered with black vinyl, so there was no need to change it:
So, there you have it - another inexpensive MacKenzie-Childs knock-off:

Update: Just sold this on CraigsList!

Sharing this with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Tutorial Tuesdays @ Hope Studios
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is totally amazing. You are so creative and so talented to be able to do such beautiful detail work, and to even dream it all up. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great they will be calling you to do some of their painting.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Did you freehand the harlequin pattern or use a stencil? I tried this pattern on a lamp shade freehand, but it turned out horrible!! I may give it another go as you have really inspired me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, you do such amazing work. This table is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti I love the reformation! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi patty...what a neat looking piece. I love harlequin patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, another awesome piece created by YOU. I'm impressed with your talent. Wish I were as clever and full of energy as you are. ;-)
    Thanks for the visit. Wouldn't it be fun to sit and visit about McK-C. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I don't know what to say, Patti. You just blow me away with your MC knock-offs. I love this table and how perfect for a blogger, too! Pull out top for the laptop; magazine holder for magazines or other related blogger reference material; and all in the cutest table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, what patience you have! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a transformation! You are so creative. Thank you for sharing your project. My daughter is getting ready to have a home of her own so she naturally gravitates to these types of projects on pinterest. I will share your post with her. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a transformation! I love all the different patterns.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. You did such a great job. Love the picture on the door. SO cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this you have inspired me very much. Love, love, love it. Pinned it, and I'm gonna try it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so great. I saw this when you posted it and did get a comment to you as to how wonderful I think you did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so impressed. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOO! LOVE this! I mean who wouldn't? Great job! Thanks for inspiring me again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This IS amazing! And you totally have more patience than me, I think! What a phenomenal finish...so fun and quirky. I love the painted panel on the door. Thanks for stopping by to say hi when you saw my little end table. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...