Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another MacKenzie-Childs Knockoff!

This time I wanted to imitate the retired buttercup pattern. I have the covered baking pan and the squash pot, so I thought I would see if I could make a canister:
I bought a glass canister with a wooden lid, similar to this, at the thrift store for $.49:
I "yanked" the wooden knob off the top, "pried" off the plastic seal and primed and painted the wooden lid with white paint:
I scrubbed and sterilized the jar and set it aside:
I bought rub-on decals for $.49 at Michael's, similar to the flower pattern on original MacKenzie Childs Buttercup pattern, and rubbed them onto the wood:
The flower pattern is different, however the colors are the same:
I used my pot lid so I could imitate the polka dots:
I painted an old wooden bead a similar green to that of the original and then pulled out my old trims and beads. The gold crown piece is actually a M-C piece from their old Odds and Ends store:
I stacked everything onto the wooden lid and adhered with super glue:
And here is my version of the Buttercup pattern:
Not too shabby, huh? And my investment was only $.98 and an hour of my time:
Sharing with Met Monday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm, Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple and Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Please enter my
(winner chosen at the end of January)
Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Patti, you did an excellent job copying the Mckenzie buttercup pattern. How creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Patti! I just love those polka dots!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, Patti! You know I'm a fool for MacKenzie-Childs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing transformation! Love it and pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At fast glance, looks like its part of that line! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey patti--thanks for stopping. following you now. since you asked...i see you like bakerella, how about opening an etsy shop full of cupcake decorating essentials?

    smiles to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job! I don't think anyone would guess that it wasn't part of the original set. What a lovely pop of color for this cold winter season.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at my newly organized pantry. I do wish my shelves were adjustable, but so glad they are not wire. I agree with you that the wire ones are a pain. I had them in my last house in the laundry room -- always looked bad no matter how often I organized it. Hope you share your new pantry when it's finished!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! It looks store bought! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, what an awesome job you did! I have the fry pan also, and love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patti,
    This is adorable! I love Mackenzie Childs!
    Thank you for visiting me!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't notice the flowers were different until I read it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really cute! I love patterns combined with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, I'm way behind in visiting your blog, and I see that I've missed a lot of wonderful things. Love this piece. I've always like this type of cookie jar. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...