Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Sugar!

Remember, I bought this sugar bowl last week with its partner, the creamer, for $4.00? I have decided to take your advice and not shine it up :
very difficult decision!
I put together an arrangement of greenery, pinecones, ribbons and a bird:
And I glued the lid on the back side:
A view from the top:
I am sharing this cute little gift for my friend with Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. So pretty...very sweet and you could put it so many places in a room.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti,
    That is gorgeous! You have such a knack for putting arrangements together beautifully. I love how you glued the lid on the side too.
    I love the tarnished look!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I'm a fan of the tarnished look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It a great little piece to pretty up the guest bath for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The very thought of Christmas sugar makes my heart leap! I confess, I love blog titles and words that pounce off the page, right into our heart.

    I love your sugar bowl idea especially the tipped lid. It makes it wonderful and whimsical at the same time!

    I'm in the middle of joy posting on my November give away Goodies Paper Parade. I've been gathering paper goodies and sending them off to blog pals that joined and it's been a fun adventure. I'm working at Michaels for the holiday season which makes me feel like an elf!

    Cheers to the holidays and oh, by the way...I'm over the top jealous with sugar on top of your visit to M. Childs. I've loved her work for years! The fact she lived on a ferry boat with her husband makes me jealous too! However, my dream home would be a fable cottage in Once Upon a Fairyland.

    Hope you can find time to come visit me again!
    Your Fairyland friend,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Polished Pebble to say CONGRATS on the lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, this is so cute I'm bookmarking this idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the patina of old silver. I'm glad you went polish-free. :-)

    ReplyDelete