Saturday, August 21, 2010

A quick little gift box...

What can you do with a "tp" roll or a paper towel roll and some decorative paper?
You can make a cute box to hold a little gift or candies:
I used spray adhesive to adhere the paper and stitched one end of the "tp" roll closed. The top tube was slit open to expand it, to allow extra space to cover the other tube, then covered with paper:
I made a paper flower and adhered it to the large tube, and then tied a ribbon around the lid:
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. oh wow, that's really cute & clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest present ever! Love that idea.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a present in itself!! Great idea, Patti!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute. I would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to wrap gifts and this is just too clever. I would reuse it again and again. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now that is really clever. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that is as cute as can be, love it! I do enjoy gift wrapping, so I'll be trying this! Happy I found your blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti how precious this turned out. I just adore it and the cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patti,
    These are so cute. I would have never guessed they were toilet paper rolls. I was saving toilet paper rolls for awhile and have quite a few stored away. You have just inspired me to go dig them out!
    Have a great Wednesday.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute indeed! I knew I was saving those tp rolls for a reason. I thought of something similar, but not that detailed (I don't sew). Very crafty and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patti, Very inventive - I must copy asap! It's just so cute and doable.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! Very fun and colorful!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete