Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You're as cute as a button...

I made a few bags of candy for Easter:
I used a variety of candy buttons:
I melted them in freezer baggies in the microwave, and cut off a corner of each bag:
And METICULOUSLY filled these little button molds:
I made 5 different colors:
I divided them into little cellophane bags and made headers on the computer:
I now have a few little treats to share after the Annual Easter Kite Flying Contest that our family has each year.
I am joining Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville - so "act like a bunny and hop over" to see what other participants are sharing this week.
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

16 comments:

  1. So cute! You did an excellent job!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I can't believe how creative you and my other blogger friends are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative Patti. I just love you! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and certainly are cute as a button! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, now those are just the darn cutest things I've seen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patti,
    What a fun idea! The button candy turned out great and I love the header you made to go along with them.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I just love the colors. Also, I like your countertops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, you are so talented!!! An Easter kite flying contest, that sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet -- two ways! Thanks for stopping by to see us. Happy Easter. -- Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patti~
    I'm so happy you came to visit my blog. If you hurry up and sign up as a follower (yikes...strange term)you will be my 100th blogger pal. I'm so thrilled to find your blog. I hope you join us for my April Give Away called Gnomes Ahoy. I actually do my give aways a bit different. Everyone gets a little something in the end and my give aways are interative with you. We'll get to know each other well.
    I've signed on to follow you!
    Blessings! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti,
    So nice to visit you again. It's tough being away from blog land and all your creative ideas.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a FUN idea...luv the colors!
    Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific post. I bet your chocolate pops are adorable. I love the button molds. And, what a fun idea to have a kite flying contest. This is the right year for 1. I could probably have some ready here in Houston this year. We've never been so breezy and windy. Happy Easter Weekend. I gotta follow you now, girl. I was born in New York but was immediately wisked away...army bratt. lol

    ReplyDelete