Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where Should the Time Go?

Two weeks ago I was shopping in Palm Beach and found this beauty in a Florist Shop. It should arrive in NY any day now by UPS, but I am not sure where to hang it.
I think it's 55" round and I originally thought I would hang it above the "black monstrosity"

But I am afraid that it will bother me that the clock would be "centered" with the peak (and of course I would remove the framed print by the doorway), but not the TV. OR I could hang it in the morning room, removing that print and hanging it a bit higher, to the right.
OR it could go way up high above the cupboards....but I see no reason to "draw the eye" that high.
So, I am looking for some advice. Where would you hang it?

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Not that I'm an expert on decorating....but the spot I like best is in the morning room....don't really have a good reason but it just seems right to me there. I'll be curious to see what others have to say. Don't forget to post a picture of it hanging so we know were it ends up.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hang it IN MY HOUSE!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the Morning Room too. That is a great looking clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should hsve someone hold it up in all the rooms, post pics and we can get a better idea of how it would look. Love the clock and if you don't care for it....send it my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of it in the breakfast room. The living room would have too many competing factors, I think your natural instinct on that was right on. Hang it in the breakfast nook. It'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pick option #2!!! Now what do I win?
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the morning room as well. But I agree with Marla, have someone hold it up in all those rooms and stand back and see where you think it fits best.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete