Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby has to be the "best store ever". I just love their sale section, especially when it drops to 80% and 90%. I have been watching this lamp drop in price weekly - and today it was 90% off. I could hear it saying "Patti, you know you love me, so buy me". Now, I didn't need this lamp, but I really liked it - and the price tag made me throw it in my cart:
The lamp shade is damaged, but I will turn it to the back until I find similar one:
And my other 90% bargain was this candlestick...another item I certainly didn't need, but it SCREAMED my name:
I am thinking I should get a part-time job there, just to save money, however I know I would spend more than my paycheck. So for now, I'll just stop in on Saturdays and "listen" for my name to be called.
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. What great deals! I used to work at Hobby Lobby about 10 years ago. I wish I knew I was going to end up in the crafty world. I could so use the discount now! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when those things start talking to you? And it is even worse when you answer back - "No, I can't take you home with me!"

    The lamp is very pretty. I love Hobby Lobby and another store in our area called Olde Time Pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Hobby Lobby went out of business - - - but not before I got various things there, including a hall table, an easel with a painting, and some throw pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I'm glad I'm not the only one that hears the "voices" when something is calling to me. I wish it was Hobby Lobby. I'm dying to get to one and there isn't one in my area.

    Love the lamp and the candlestick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the 90% off sale yesterday and got some great goodies that I'm going to attack with the spray paint! I didn't see any lamps like yours; it's nice and the shade doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, a girl just can't ignore the voice! Good thing you listened because both fit in well with where you put them. Great finds!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don"t you just love 90% sales! Marla

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to work there part-time and I loved it til we got a new manager, which changes frequently at HL...It was a wonderful place to work..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live dangerously close to Hobby Lobby. In fact, I just went over there for a quick trip last night to get some trim. I love that store. I just learned you can print off their coupons online and use them every shopping trip. The lady that cut my trim for me told me that. You asked about the drum table a couple of weeks ago in my "old" room. I was an idiot and sold it. That is what happened to it I am ashamed to say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't beat a 90% off Hobby Lobby sale. Usually by the time I discover it's going on all of the good stuff is gone.
    Really like the lamp.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. lOVE THE LAMP , OH HOW I WISH WE HAD THAT STORE THERE. I WOULD BE THERE NUMBER 1 FAN.....OR SHOPPER

    ReplyDelete