Sunday, January 17, 2010

And the Award Goes to....

I love award shows....I especially enjoy the "pre" shows because I want to "check out" the attire of all the attendees who walk the RED CARPET. Tonight the Golden Globes are on TV. These awards are given by the Foreign Press (about 90 journalists who write for various newspapers and magazines all around the world) for films and television. This show has often been the indicator for which movies will be nominated and may win an Academy Award.

Ricky Gervais will be the host, Alfre Woodards daughter is Miss Golden Globe. There is a fabulous list of presenters, including Paul McCartney, Jennifer Aniston and Halle Berry.

The Golden Globe lounge will have black and white draperies valued at $25, 000.00 and art work valued at more than a million buckeroos - I want to be there!

And I have no school tomorrow, so, I can stay up late and see the WHOLE show - - hold my calls, please.

Favorite beverage - check
Snack dishes - check
Plenty of snacks - check
Black Tie attire for the Beverly Hilton Hotel (call me a rebel) - check

And just to share a few of my opinions:
Meryl Streep should win for Julie and Julia
Sandra Bullock must win for at least one of her nominated movies (Blind Side or Proposal)
Grey Gardens for HBO movie - and Drew Barrymore for HBO actress

On with the show......
UPDATE: One hour pre-show: WHO dressed Tina Fey?? BIG MISTAKE! She looks like Mary Poppins (umbrella and all) Sandra Bullock, Jane Krakowski and Drew Barrymore look lovely!


Visit Between Naps on the Porch for a great tassel giveaway!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of way to spend a Sunday night! Love the slippers and I want your black/white snack dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti ~
    I like watching the awards too....although I don't ever get to see the movies until they are out on DVD, LOL !
    Love your slippers !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Meryl Streep for Julie and Julia, and Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side. I loved both of those movies. I hope I'm able to watch them, it seems football has taken over my house tonight. Oh yea love the black and polka dot snack dishes.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I enjoy receiving & reading comments. Enjoy your evening.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're enjoying the show! I started to watch the pre-show but was outvoted by the boys in the house (and I'm too lazy to move to another TV). Since you don't have school tomorrow it's a perfect night to eat, drink and be merry!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to watch the after the show stuff. I get so confused with the real time feed. LOL
    Just thought I would let you know.
    We are having a just because giveaway
    $50 gift certificate.
    No need to folllow or twiiter, or blog, just say what you think you might like and leave a comment.

    http://gafoodies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete