Friday, December 4, 2009

Santa Baby

My favorite Christmas Song is Santa Baby. And it doesn't matter who sings it...but I think Eartha sang it best.
Madonna also did a wonderful job.
And after a few holiday drinks, I must say, I can sound pretty good singing it, too (ok, maybe that is debatable, but I have very high ceilings and when I am alone in the house, I think my voice sounds like I am singing in a cathedral- remember, I said this is after a few holiday cocktails!)
Santa baby, just slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue
I'll wait up for you dear Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa honey, one thing I really do need, the deed
To a platinum mine
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie and fill my stocking with a duplex, and checks
Sign your 'X' on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Tiffany
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
I don't mean on a phone
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry ... tonight

What's your favorite Christmas song?
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. cute!! I pretty much love every christmas song(especially if the boss sings it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Santa Baby too! I'm in my car a lot (sales rep) so I'm listening to my radio all the time. Right now I'm tuned in to the 24/7 Christmas station and I sing along with all of my favorites (too many to mention!)...and yes, get a couple of cocktails in me and I can belt it out like Aretha (in my own mind)!!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny!! (Sing along now....)
    We are Santa's elves,
    Shopping thrift store shelves,
    We buy junk to fill the trunk,
    Oh, we are Santa's elves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! You should joins us for we have karaoke sessions often at home. Of course we have to drink first too, lol. You have a fine collection of santas. Love them all!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. pk @ Room Remix
    What a cute, fun post! :-) I don't know that I really have a favorite. I like them all because the season is so short I don't have time to get tired of them. Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Eartha's version! Every time I hear it I have it on my mind all day long!!

    I enjoyed seeing the other posts below with your ornaments.

    You asked about appetizers on the little plates, I haven't used them yet, but some appetizers I do are: sausage pinwheels, cheese cubes, cheese straws, tiny quiche, tiny meatballs, pigs in blanket, etc.

    Katherine

    Now I've got to get that Santa Baby off my mind! LOL!

    ReplyDelete