Sunday, December 20, 2009

Martha's Yule Logs


My favors at the Christmas dinner table are "Jane's snowmen" for the women and I am making "Martha's yule logs" for the men. The yule logs are made from toilet paper tubes and a pre-printed paper design downloaded from Martha's website:
The yule logs are so easy to make and will compliment my dinner dishes (Syracuse China). I only wish I had found this idea earlier so I could have made 16.
I plan on tucking a few treats and a lottery ticket inside.

Jane and Martha are just too clever for me!

I am joining Metamorphosis Monday today. Jump over to Between Naps on the Porch for some other ideas
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. These are so cute--I'd probably be unrolling all the toilet paper in the house :) They are perfect with your china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all, the little bird in the nest is tooooo cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I've been saving paper towel rolls for Christmas crackers. I didn't think about tissue paper rolls--a better size. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours are cuter than Martha's!!! :)

    I love the pic with Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty,
    I was thinking of doing crackers but these are way cuter. Thanks for the great idea. They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! It really complements the china - which I love. Also, love those monogrammed ornaments in a previous post. The colors are beautiful! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patti,
    The yule logs are wonderful. I love this idea and yours turned out great. They really do compliment your dishes.
    Thanks for linking to my snowmen! I feel very honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Martha :-)
    Happy Holidays!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti,
    These yule logs are so adorable and look like they were invented to go with your dishes!
    Aren't Jane's snowmen sooooo cute! Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a cat that will help unroll the TP for you! I'll send her right over...teachers usually have lots of them, among other things. But I'm out right now. So, so cute!! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yule logs are PERFECT with your plates!! And yoru header photo with Mr. Claus -- equally perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these remind me of Christmas decorations we used as a child in the big Northwoods! Only,ours were made of real birch-bark logs.

    Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing. I've been really like the white birch this year. This is a darling way to use it. It does go fantastic with your dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea with tissue rolls..and yours turned out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete